Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty and easy side dish. I add an extra tablespoon of onion and a couple of dashes of hot sauce. From a 1968 edition of the Missouri Farm Bureau Cokbook.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour into a greased casserole and bake 25-30 minutes.
this was a delicious side dish to a chicken dinner. i did add some garlic and a few dashes of hot sauce, and it baked up perfectly and looked lovely