Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful-tasting casserole, and very easy to put together, you really just mix and bake...great for pot lucks and buffets, or for just at any time.
- 1 (14 ounce) canchow mein-style vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can french-style green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut asparagus
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (or more if desired)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed saltine crackers (or 1 stack crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 -6 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Drain veggies well.
- In a bowl, lightly mix the veggies with almonds, eggs, seasonings, cheese and soup.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Combine the crushed crackers with melted butter; sprinkle over the vegetable/casserole mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with onion rings the last 20 minutes of baking time.