Recipe by Debster
Can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is so good. I use bow tie noodles and saute the onions with the sausage. Don't forget to drain the fat!
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can campbells condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked noodles or 4 cups other cooked pasta
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, cooked,drained,and chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spinach, cream of mushroom soup, garlic, and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Spread evenly over noodles or other pasta in buttered 3-quart flat casserole.
- Distribute chopped sausage over the spinach mixture and sprinkle with chopped onions on top of sausage.
- Blend egg into ricotta and spread over all.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven 25-30 minutes or until golden, then allow to cool slightly.
- Top with garnish of tomato and fresh parsley.