Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple cookie that is easy to prepare and everyone always requests the recipe. I always double the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup snipped dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar gradually beating until fluffy. Stir in remaninig ingredients.
- Place into an ungreased 2 qt casserole. I use a 9 x 9 pyrex pan.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir well.
- Form into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
I was kind of leary of this recipe when I started out and couldn't see how I would end up with cookies but I did and they are delicious. Very easy to make and look really nice on my cookie trays. Thanks for a great new recipe that I will make often.