Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine. I have not tried it, but It sounds like it might be very easy and tasty.
- 6 slices white bread, coarsely torn
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked, drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan or casserole dish.
- Place bread pieces in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk.
- Pour over bread mixture in pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set in center and lightly browned.
i made this casserole years ago. the only thing different that i did was i left the bread slices whole and buttered them on both sides, and follwed the rest of the recipe. Instead of sausage, you can used crushed fried bacon (fresh, not from a jar) I took this to my Sunday School class and they flipped out and nevery stopped asking me to bring them more.