Recipe by mrs.huffmankitchen
It is originally an Asian recipe (Cassava cake) but I added pecan and coconut jelly to make it different and tastier. You need a little bit of hard work preparing the fresh cassava by grating it.
- 3 pieces fresh cassava
- 1 (403 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a grater to grate the cassava; sqeeze it to remove the juice/liquid.
- Put the cassava in a large bowl; add coconut milk,1/2 can of condensed milk (set aside the other half for toppings), vanilla, egg yolk, and brown sugar.
- Mix well using an electric mixer or a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a greased round tray.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the baked cassava from oven to add toppings.
- Add coconut jelly, pecans and remaining condensed milk.
- Return to oven.
- Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes then serve.