Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr
I made this for my friend Lori's Mother's birthday dinner. It was on a Friday night after a very busy week. I made a pound cake and then dressed it up, jiffy quick, in an hour and refrigerated until dinner. Beautiful, easy, and homemade, very chocolaty but not too sweet. I am not a dessert maker so if I can do this...so can anyone. The original recipe came from Ciro and Sal's restaurant in P'Town.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the coffee and the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth. You might need to microwave the mixture a few short times to allow full melting of the chocolate chips.
- Once it's all melty and smooth, put the bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice so it can cool down and firm up.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes to keep it smooth as it firms.
- Then start on the filling: Mix the ricotta with the sugar, orange zest and grated chocolate.
- After the pound cake has cooled, slice it into three horizontal layers.
- Drizzle the Grand Marier over all the layers.
- Then spread half the filling on the bottom layer, top with the next cake layer and spread with the remaining filling.
- Then top with the third layer of cake and spread the frosting on top and all over.
- Refrigerate until dinner.
- Drizzle the Gand Marnier.