Delicious! Found this in a magazine at my Doctors surgery, as our Summer is at Christmas time here in NZ, its the perfect dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften the ice cream.
- 2Mix in the essence and use to line the base and sides of a 1 litre pudding basin leaving a cavity in the middle for the fruit mixture.
- 3(A metal basin is good for this recipe) Freeze until firm.
- 4Whip the cream and sugar together until peaks form.
- 5Chop the almonds and chocolate.
- 6Fold the glace fruit, almonds and chocolate into the whipped cream.
- 7Use to fill the cavity of the ice cream.
- 8Cover with foil and freeze until firm.
- 9When ready to serve, dip the basin into very hot water quickly 2 or 3 times then invert and shake sharply onto a serving plate.
- 10To serve, cut into wedges.
Nutritional Facts for Cassata
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.2
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: