Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve this over a risotto or a pasta,garlic bread, and a salad.
- 12 littleneck clams
- 12 mussels
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 ",strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash the clams and mussels under cold running water; scrub lightly to remove any sand.
- Debeard mussels.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in bacon; cook until brown and crispy.
- Stir in garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add clams,mussels,green pepper,red pepper,orange juice, and wine.
- Cover and steam until shells have opened, about 7 minutes.
- Remove clams and mussels discarding any that haven't opened.
- Divide clams and mussels among soup bowls.
- Stir butter and parsley into broth.
- Pour broth over shellfish.
- Serve immediately.