Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious blend of flavors. I found two recipes each with stuff I liked and disliked, so I blended them together.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup light sour cream (could also use nonfat for even fewer calories)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you like your food spicy)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tablespoon clove
- 1⁄4 tablespoon nutmeg
- preheat oven to 250°F.
- Wrap corn tortillas in foil and place in oven.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring often, until brown and no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain fat, if any, and add salsa, chicken broth, peanut butter, baking cocoa, and spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas and light sour cream.
- I always serve this with Spanish rice as well.