Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good! tasts like it came from a chinese restaurant. The brown rice is my choice but the noodles are still there if you prefer. The only secret to this is not to overcook the veggies. The prep time is just starting the rice or pasta. The brown rice will take longer so be sure it has plenty of time.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables (broccoli, carrot, onion, red pepper, celery, water chestnuts, mushrooms)
- 3⁄4 cup whole raw cashews
- 3⁄4 cup bottled stir-fry sauce, with garlic
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice or 3 cups chinese noodles
- sliced green onion
- Put rice or pasta on to cook.
- In a wok or large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the frozen vegetables; cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add whole cashews to the hot wok. (Add more oil, if necessary.) Cook and stir for 2 to 5 minutes or until nuts are browned.
- Add stir-fry sauce to the wok. Return vegetables to the wok; gently toss all ingredients together to coat. Heat through. Serve over cooked rice (or pasta). Sprinkle with green onion.
Another winner! I used fresh vegies and Mille's "recipe #23110" for the sauce. Went well over brown jasmine rice. Thanks for posting this!