Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Green beans with a fun Asian twist! Recipe from the love, share, cook blog
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup whole cashews
- In a sm bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, honey & butter. Set aside.
- Place water in a 6 qt saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add lemon juice & green beans. Boil until bright green (about 5 min).
- While the beans are cooking, put ice water in a bowl. When the beans are done cooking, drain them in a colander. Plunge them in the ice water & then drain them again. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in a lg skillet. Cook until crisp. Remove bacon & leave drippings. Dry bacon w/paper towels. Crumble it & set aside.
- Add the peppers & onions to drippings & sauté for 2 minute.
- Add beans, cashews & bacon to the skillet. Toss gently.
- Add teriyaki mixture & toss again. Cook on low until warmed thru (about 5 min).
- Easy to double for a larger crowd.