Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the vegetarian society
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 6 ounces baby corn, halved
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons light vegetable stock
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, grated and juice squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 ounces cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the peppers and fry for 3 minutes more.
- Add the broccoli florets, sweetcorn and courgettes and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and toss to mix inches.
- In a small bowl, mix together the shoyu, arrowroot and light stock, ginger juice and sweet chilli sauce.
- Using a wooden spoon, make a space in the centre of the stir fried vegetables so that the base of the wok is visible. Pour in the sauce and bring to the boil, stirring all the time until it starts to thicken. Toss the vegetables to coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cashew nuts.