Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Sunset's cookbook, Quick Cuisine. It's a favorite of mine! And it really is quick -- no cooking!
Top Review by cricketbird
Excellent salad mersaydees!! I cut the recipe in half, and did eat the 2 servings by myself. I love the cashews in this as well. It made for wonderful light lunch for me, and a recipe I will certainly make again. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted salted cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted cashews
- 4 cups frozen baby peas, thawed and drained (20 ounce package)
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including tops
- 2 large stalk celery, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 3⁄4 lb small cooked shrimp
- 6 -8 large butter lettuce leaves, washed and crisped
- dill sprigs (optional for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cashews. Combine remaining nuts, peas, onions, celery, and shrimp.
- Gently mix in dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a serving platter or bowl with lettuce.
- Spoon salad into center; garnish with reserved cashews and, if desired, dill.