Based on a recipe from Sunset's cookbook, Quick Cuisine. It's a favorite of mine! And it really is quick -- no cooking!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted salted cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted cashews
- 4 cups frozen baby peas, thawed and drained (20 ounce package)
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including tops
- 2 large stalk celery, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 3⁄4 lb small cooked shrimp
- 6 -8 large butter lettuce leaves, washed and crisped
- dill sprigs (optional for garnish)
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cashews. Combine remaining nuts, peas, onions, celery, and shrimp.
- Gently mix in dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a serving platter or bowl with lettuce.
- Spoon salad into center; garnish with reserved cashews and, if desired, dill.
Excellent salad mersaydees!! I cut the recipe in half, and did eat the 2 servings by myself. I love the cashews in this as well. It made for wonderful light lunch for me, and a recipe I will certainly make again. Thanks for sharing!!
We really enjoyed this quick and easy salad. I liked the fact that there was no cooking required, so it's easy to put together in a hurry. I used light sour cream in the dressing, and added a pinch of sugar and some garlic powder as well. Also, I used the fresh dill which added a nice, subtle flavor. Thank you for sharing this yummy salad! *Made for 8th Annual Photo Swap*
Made this recipe exactly as indicated, & we had A VERY ENJOYABLE, REFRESHING SALAD ~ ABSOLUTELY GREAT FLAVOR COMBO! Thanks for a great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #28]