Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is adapted from "UltraMetabolism" by Mark Hyman, M.D. I used chicken in place of the shrimp with very tasty results. This is a healthy, colorful and very flavorful dish. You can also use different nut butters for a little different taste.
- 1⁄4 cup natural smooth cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons squeezed fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons squeezed fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 6 leaves boston lettuce, washed
- In a small bowl or blender, whip the cashew butter, coconut milk 3 tablespoons lime juice, and chili powder together.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, scallions, carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber, sesame seeds, ginger, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and vinegar.
- Mix well and let flavors marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Divide the cashew sauce and shrimp vegetable mixture in the center of each leaf and wrap lettuce around filling.
- Wrap and serve.