Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light and spicy dish in minutes from Stonyfield Farms.
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw and peeled
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 pint shiitake mushroom
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (may substitute with parsley)
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, whole for garnish
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with curry powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then add mushrooms, water chestnuts and 1/4 cup of cilantro and sauté until mushrooms are tender and transfer to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and start sautéing the shrimp for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth slowly and while stirring constantly.
- Return the sauté mushrooms and water chestnuts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the yogurt slowly stirring constantly and serve immediately over rice.
- Garnish with cashews and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.