I don't really like pecans, so I substituted my favorite nut, cashews. Adapted from a recipe at Brown-Eyed Baker (http://bit.ly/drIKuy), but she adapted hers from Martha Stewart Everyday Food, Apr 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and beat until combined. On low, add flour a little at a time and beat just until completely combined. Fold in cashews.
- 3Divide dough into 12 1 1/2" balls, and place on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass (wet it slightly to minimize sticking).
- 4Bake 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Rotate pans back-to-front and top-to-bottom about halfway through.
- 5When done, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Sandies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g