Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
I don't really like pecans, so I substituted my favorite nut, cashews. Adapted from a recipe at Brown-Eyed Baker (http://bit.ly/drIKuy), but she adapted hers from Martha Stewart Everyday Food, Apr 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (one stick)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and beat until combined. On low, add flour a little at a time and beat just until completely combined. Fold in cashews.
- Divide dough into 12 1 1/2" balls, and place on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass (wet it slightly to minimize sticking).
- Bake 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Rotate pans back-to-front and top-to-bottom about halfway through.
- When done, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.