Chef #680297's Note:
Yogurt sauce flavored with lemon, cumin and cilantro tops this Indian-inspired grilled salmon and apricot couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper, divided
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped dried apricot
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 295.73 ml water
- 236.59 ml whole wheat couscous
- 453.59 g salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 59.14 ml chopped toasted cashews
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- 2Combine yogurt, scallion greens, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- 3Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add apricots, ginger, scallion whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 4Meanwhile, rub salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. If grilling, oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill or broil the salmon until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous, topped with the yogurt sauce and cashews.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Salmon With Apricot Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 596.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous