Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yogurt sauce flavored with lemon, cumin and cilantro tops this Indian-inspired grilled salmon and apricot couscous.
- 118.29 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper, divided
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped dried apricot
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 295.73 ml water
- 236.59 ml whole wheat couscous
- 453.59 g salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 59.14 ml chopped toasted cashews
- Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- Combine yogurt, scallion greens, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add apricots, ginger, scallion whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, rub salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. If grilling, oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill or broil the salmon until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous, topped with the yogurt sauce and cashews.