Recipe by crazycookinmama
I got this recipe from "The Frantic Mother Cookbook" This is the funniest cookbook I've ever read. If you ever come across it definitely pick it up!!
Top Review by didyb
Tasty-- it didn't state if the coconut should be sweetened or not, so I used sweetened. When getting ready to add the cashews and coconut, I just couldn't add 2 cups of cashews-- it would have been way too much. I used 1 cup cashews and 1/3 cup coconut-- and will use just 1/4 cup coconut next time. The family ate it and enjoyed it. (the "3/4 cube of butter" in the directions threw me off- and I used 3/4 of a stick-- which is not 2 tbls. I was going to rate it lower for having too much butter, but realized my error. 2 tbls of butter would be just right)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown 1 cup brown rice and 1 chopped onion in 3/4 cube of butter or margarine. Add 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon and 3 cups water.
- Bring to to a boil and simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
- Stir in 1 can salted cashew nuts and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Heat through.