Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Easy and quick way to make great homemade candies for Christmas gifts.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups miniature pretzel twists (not sticks)
- 4 cups bite-size square toasted wheat cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) can salted cashew halves, and pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F Spray large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in heavy small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until mixture boils and sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Combine pretzels, cereal and cashews in large bowl. Pour sugar mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Spread onto greased waxed paper. Cool completely; break into clusters. Store in airtight container at room temperature.