1/6 Photos of Cashew & Pork Stir Fry
Galley Wench's Note:
This recipe comes from Simple Cooking Thai & Chinese. Uses ingredients that should be easily obtained here in the states. Note: At the suggestion of reviewers I have increased the marinade ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cashew nuts (unsalted if possible)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb leek, trimed and shredded
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken or 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb freshly cooked oriental noodles (or packaged pre-cooked oriental noodles)
- 1Trim fat from pork and cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- 2Place in shallow dish.
- 3Blend the soy sauce and cornstarch together until smooth and free of lumps.
- 4Pour soy mixture over pork, stirring until all pieces are coated.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and marinade in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 6Heat nonstick skilled untiol hot, add the cashew nuts and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes until toasted, stirring frequently. Transfer to a place and reserve.
- 7Heat a wok or large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil, and when hot, add the leeks, ginger, garlic and bell pepper and stir fry for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 9Drain the pork, reserving the marinade.
- 10Add the remaining oil to the wok and, when hot, add pork, and stir-fry for 5 minutes until brown.
- 11Return the reserved vegetables to the wok with the marinade and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir in toasted cashews and chopped cilantro and serve immediately with freshly cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew & Pork Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.9
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 219.1 mg
- Sodium 1373.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 60.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: