Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unexpected sweet-salty mix and love dressing make this great salad a hit with everyone!
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl,combine the romaine,Swiss cheese,cashews,pears and cranberries.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,combine the vinaigrette ingredients;shake well.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Lori, this is one of my favorite salads now! Everyone in my family wanted seconds and I can guarantee we will eat this often. I didn't change a thing, except for using canola oil instead of the olive oil. Five stars!!!! Thanks for posting!
This is my FAVORITE salad and dressing! I got the recipe several years ago from Taste of Home magazine, and finally decided it was time to post it... but it was already here. It is wonderful!! I would note to dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice (as much as possible) before adding the oil. That will help it from separating so much.