Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sweet potato casserole features brown sugar, cashews, and ginger. Topped with peaches and baked until golden brown. I'm posting this here so I don't lose it. I found this recipe @ http://www.sweetpotatorecipes.net
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, boiled until tender, drained, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine brown sugar, cashews, salt and ginger in small bowl.
- Spoon half the sweet potatoes into 11-inch x 7-inch baking dish.
- Top sweet potatoes with half the peaches and ½ brown sugar mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot the top of casserole with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes.