Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Tofu slices with a yummy crispy coating, baked in the oven. I've found I enjoy Melody Prettyman's recipes! She likes to put lots of flavor into her foods. Adapted from 3ABN.
- 2 (14 ounce) packages firm tofu, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken style seasoning (vegan-McKayÃ¢ s recommended)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine (Earth Balance recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- coconut milk, oil or water for dipping tofu
- Process bread crumbs and nuts in food processor until fine. Add nutritional yeast flakes, chicken style, parsley, salt and margarine. Process until mixed.
- Spread olive oil on tofu slices, place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 15–25 minutes. Cool.
- Dip prepared tofu slices in coconut milk, oil or water and then dip into crumb mixture, coating on both sides.
- Bake at 350*F. degrees for 20–30 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve with tartar sauce and garnish with green onions and sliced almonds.