Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of my favourite recipes, I often make this if we're having guests. From 'Super Food Ideas' magazine.
- 60 g ghee or 60 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon tandoori curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750 g boneless chicken, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 60 g cashews, slightly crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Melt ghee or butter, in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic& onions and cook, stirring, for 3 mins, or until onions are golden.
- Stir in curry paste, coriander, and nutmeg.
- Cook for 2 min, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 mins, or until chicken is browned.
- Add cashwes, cream, and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 mins, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice.
One of those things that is just a pleasure to eat. I added more cashews as I really like those. Other than that I kept the recipie pretty much the same.
I was about to add my recipe for this... and here it is! Exactly like mine but from a different source. This is a favourite of my friends who don't like too much heat or spice in their meals.
Forgotten the score. Thanks.