Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
An Asian twist on the traditional version this as crunchy and creamy and just divine!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 125 g tinned sweetcorn
- 300 g brown rice
- 900 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 125 g cashew nuts
- Heat onion and gently fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and rice, stir well to combine.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes until tender.
- Add soy and cashews and cook for another 10 minutes until all the stock is absorbed.
Not bad but I felt it was not flavourful enough so the next time I made it I added a clove of minced garlic, a teaspoon of ginger and added a teaspoon of sesame oil at step 1.