Recipe by lindseylcw
Creamy, fruity and spicy so easy chicken dish that will impress guests, play around with amount of chillies you wish to use.
Top Review by weekend cooker
It was a surprise to me that this has not been reviewed before. Made recipe as called except did not include ground turmeric. I loved the apple flavor, and was a nice recipe . The flavor was A+. I served with wild brown rice. A great dinner for everybody. Made for New Zaar tag.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large green chili, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 ounces raw cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 2 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chicken in hot oil until golden.
- Put onion, chilli, ginger and garlic into blender, add water if required and blend.
- Fry this mix in pan used for chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add nuts and spices stir well and fry until golden.
- Add stock, apples, cream and chicken and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and finely chopped tomato and raw onion.