Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy, fruity and spicy so easy chicken dish that will impress guests, play around with amount of chillies you wish to use.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large green chili, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 ounces raw cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 2 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fry chicken in hot oil until golden.
- Put onion, chilli, ginger and garlic into blender, add water if required and blend.
- Fry this mix in pan used for chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add nuts and spices stir well and fry until golden.
- Add stock, apples, cream and chicken and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and finely chopped tomato and raw onion.
It was a surprise to me that this has not been reviewed before. Made recipe as called except did not include ground turmeric. I loved the apple flavor, and was a nice recipe . The flavor was A+. I served with wild brown rice. A great dinner for everybody. Made for New Zaar tag.