Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a friend of mine who swears that her hubby would eat it every day if she would let him. I love the variety of tastes in it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cashew halves
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine noodles and butter in a large bowl, stirring until butter melts.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mushrooms, cashew halves, green onion, sherry, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper and mix well.
- Add the cottage cheese mixture to the noodle mixture and toos to blend.
- Pour into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I put the cottage cheese in the blender and mixed it with the sour cream before adding to the the rest of the spices and vegies and sauces. I used sharp shredded cheddar cheese. No one cares for the Romano, they say it is too strong. I baked about 35 to 40 minutes. Delicious! I will make again. Thanks for submitting.
Oh, Wow!! I agree with you. The variety of tastes and textures is just heavenly. DH said "Now this is the kind of Macaroni and Cheese I like". I served it with pork chops. Can't wait to do it again!!