Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- to taste parsley, for garnish
- to taste paprika, for garnish
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- Place cashews in a shallow pan and warm slightly in a 250 degree oven. Keep warm until serving.
- Then, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add mushrooms and tamari soy sauce and cook until tender.
- Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly, cooking about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add sour cream, combining all ingredients well.
- Serve stroganoff over a bed of brown rice, cover with toasted cashew nuts and garnish with the parsley and paprika.
Well, you did it again, Dancer. Super dish. The nuts and mushrooms provide enough protein to make it a main dish, which is what we did.