Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an original recipe for a versatile spread that is great on sandwiches or smeared on a lettuce leaf for a quick veg wrap; equally easy to use as a dip for crackers and veg or thin down a bit and use as a "cream" accompaniment for baked tofu, fish, etc. Toss with pasta or rice for a fresh, protein rich, dairy free cream sauce. Would also be nice to dress potatoes for a potato salad... hmmm... the possibilities are endless! My version comes out light green and looks a lot like guacamole, tastes fresh and herby and has a creamy mouth feel. The miso and nutritional yeast add a nutty/cheesy depth that you notice but can't quite put your finger on... and the garlic adds a raw zip that is really nice if you like that kind of thing! I love, love, love that this is something I can make that has no added fats or oils. Hope you love it too! (12 servings = 2 Tbsp per serving)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, stems and all
- 1⁄4 cup herbs, try oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, about 3 small pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lime juice is also great
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- pepper, to taste
- water, to thin as needed
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water if necessary to blend or to thin if desired.