- 2 cups hot water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄8 cup candied ginger, thinly shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size pot, add water, bouillion cubes, onion powder and turmeric.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and add rice, stir gently.
- Cover and return to stove and simmer on low heat till all water is absorbed. (15 - 20 minutes).
- Once all water has been absorbed remove pot from stove and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and add nuts, raisins, candied ginger and chopped chives.