Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful quick and easy rice dish. It makes a great side dish for chicken, pork or lamb. I hope you will enjoy this subtle dish.
- In a medium size pot, add water, bouillion cubes, onion powder and turmeric.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and add rice, stir gently.
- Cover and return to stove and simmer on low heat till all water is absorbed. (15 - 20 minutes).
- Once all water has been absorbed remove pot from stove and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and add nuts, raisins, candied ginger and chopped chives.
This was outstanding! Didn't have the candied ginger either but it was great anyway. I'm not a big fan of raisins, but they were not overpowering and really brought everything together nicely. We loved it. Will be making this often. Thanks for posting it.
Thank you BK for a real treat. This is wonderful. I didn't add the candied ginger and it was still exceptional. No more difficult than making plain rice but so much better tasting. I had this with stir-fried veggies tonight but next time I'll have chicken with it and am already looking forward to it.
Just loved this! I used Jasmine rice. I did have to add 1/2 cup more water. Thanks for the good eats!