Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Flaky, nutty, semi-healthy & simple! I got it from my sister's fiance who's a chef at a restaurant. Really good! These are estimate measurements, chefs usually eye ball it! Serve with a tropical sauce, ex: mango, papaya, coconut, or pineapple sauces or salsas. Serve with steamed veggies and/or rissotto.
- 6 -8 tilapia fillets (mahi-mahi, orange roughy works too)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups unsalted whole cashews or 1 1⁄2-2 cups unsalted crushed cashews
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with foil and spray non-stick spray.
- If using whole cashews, pulse in a blender or food processor until crushed.
- Mix the cashews with the bread crumbs, set aside. Mix the milk and eggs and beat together in a medium bowl, set aside. Mix about 1 tsp each of both salt and pepper into the flour, set aside.
- Prepare an assembly line with the three mixtures by putting flour mixture into a shallow plate, and the bread-cashew mixture in another shallow plate.
- Work the fillets one at a time by flouring each of the fillets and shaking off the excess. Proceed to submerge the floured fillet into the eggs and then covering with the bread crumb-nut mixture; repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Place crusted fillets on baking sheet at least an inch apart. Insert into oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Eat fresh.