Recipe by diamonds4heather
I found this in InStyle magazine today, its sounds delicious. I haven't tried it yet so if any of you beat me to it, let me know how it is! prep time included refrigeration.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Absolutly first rate! I made the dip at the same time I put the chicken in the marinade. So the dip got nice and cold. Let the chicken marinate all day. Very easy then do the rest of the meal. The crunchy coating on the chicken is superb! I served this with fries, and coleslaw. These are like elegant chicken nuggets!! Very good! Thanks so much, Heather!!
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 354.88 ml buttermilk, divided plus amount below
- 29.58 ml buttermilk, divided
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh chives
- 11.09 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml pepper, divided
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 295.73 ml roasted unsalted cashews
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 3.69 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a medium bowl combine chicken and 1 cup buttermilk.
- cover with plastic and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the resmaining buttermilk, sour cream, chives, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- cover with plastic warp and refrigerate until ready to use for dip.
- Combine remaining spices, flour, cashews and process in food processor until finely ground.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Fill large skillet with cooking oil and heat ti 375 degrees.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and cook in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with buttermilk dip.