Prep 9 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I found this in InStyle magazine today, its sounds delicious. I haven't tried it yet so if any of you beat me to it, let me know how it is! prep time included refrigeration.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, divided plus amount below
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- oil (for deep frying)
- in a medium bowl combine chicken and 1 cup buttermilk.
- cover with plastic and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the resmaining buttermilk, sour cream, chives, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- cover with plastic warp and refrigerate until ready to use for dip.
- Combine remaining spices, flour, cashews and process in food processor until finely ground.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Fill large skillet with cooking oil and heat ti 375 degrees.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and cook in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with buttermilk dip.
Absolutly first rate! I made the dip at the same time I put the chicken in the marinade. So the dip got nice and cold. Let the chicken marinate all day. Very easy then do the rest of the meal. The crunchy coating on the chicken is superb! I served this with fries, and coleslaw. These are like elegant chicken nuggets!! Very good! Thanks so much, Heather!!
Ya gotta try this. I took it to our neighborhood picnic. I am glad I nibbled some while cooking as it disappeared so fast that I didn't get any at the picnic.
Extremely good. I let the chicken marinate for 2 days. I made the dip and also let it sit for 2 days. Boy was I glad I did. Giving the dip time to let the flavors mellow is key. I added some garlic powder and extra hot sauce to it. Chicken was crispy, tender and moist. Gave some to my BF and now he wants the recipe!