9 hrs 15 mins
I found this in InStyle magazine today, its sounds delicious. I haven't tried it yet so if any of you beat me to it, let me know how it is! prep time included refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided plus amount below
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1in a medium bowl combine chicken and 1 cup buttermilk.
- 2cover with plastic and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3In a small bowl combine the resmaining buttermilk, sour cream, chives, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- 4cover with plastic warp and refrigerate until ready to use for dip.
- 5Combine remaining spices, flour, cashews and process in food processor until finely ground.
- 6Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- 7Fill large skillet with cooking oil and heat ti 375 degrees.
- 8Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and cook in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- 9Serve hot with buttermilk dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Encrusted Chicken with Buttermilk and Chive Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 128.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g