Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II. It was found on the net courtesy of The Straits Cafe at straitscafe.com. The intro was brief & said "Use as a seafood dip or as a tasty sauce for wraps." Somehow the thot of a lettuce wrap w/stir-fried chicken & this sauce captured my imagination. This is so easy & fast to make & can be made well-ahead of planned use.
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted cashews (roasted)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews & peanut oil. Mix till a paste is formed (scrape down the sides periodically).
- Add the remaining ingredients & blend till smooth.
- NOTE: Dipping sauce may be made up to 4 dys ahead of time if kept chilled & covered. Before serving, return sauce to room temperature.
Drool this was so good! We had a lazy tea on saturday had fat oven chips dipped into this and a selection of dips. I wasn't expecting much of this when i made it as it looked quite thin and pale (sorry!) but when i tasted it i was hooked! I filled the ramekin with it and there was some left over so i had it on toast! In my opion it dosent need any changes at all, and would be great with chicken or tofu as a dip or sauce this is a keeper!
This was not what I expected at all, but was a nice surprise. I served this with egg rolls and was thinking I would have a thin sauce for dipping. I ended up with a sauce similar to the spicy peanut butter sauce I love. I would enjoy it more with chicken strips or skewers or raw veggies I think. I did add the cayenne and was happy with the heat level. Thank you twissis!!!
Great sauce, I loved it. Cashews are my favorities and this sauce is so good!!!! I served it with sesame chicken skewers #110937. Thanks, MP!