Recipe by twissis
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II. It was found on the net courtesy of The Straits Cafe at straitscafe.com. The intro was brief & said "Use as a seafood dip or as a tasty sauce for wraps." Somehow the thot of a lettuce wrap w/stir-fried chicken & this sauce captured my imagination. This is so easy & fast to make & can be made well-ahead of planned use.
Top Review by PinkCherryBlossom
Drool this was so good! We had a lazy tea on saturday had fat oven chips dipped into this and a selection of dips. I wasn't expecting much of this when i made it as it looked quite thin and pale (sorry!) but when i tasted it i was hooked! I filled the ramekin with it and there was some left over so i had it on toast! In my opion it dosent need any changes at all, and would be great with chicken or tofu as a dip or sauce this is a keeper!
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted cashews (roasted)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews & peanut oil. Mix till a paste is formed (scrape down the sides periodically).
- Add the remaining ingredients & blend till smooth.
- NOTE: Dipping sauce may be made up to 4 dys ahead of time if kept chilled & covered. Before serving, return sauce to room temperature.