Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy vegetarian entree. Experiment using other liquids and nuts, adding celery or other vegetables. This is also good on a buffet table.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add cashews and onion a saute 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add curry, garlic ginger, water, tofu and peppers.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 5 minutes more.
This is delightful, intriguing textures, with an overall lightness to the meal (served over rice). Added celery stalk and extra water. Everyone raved about it. Thanks SO much for this Tebo.
I really liked this. I omitted the peas and took the advice in the introduction and experimented with the liquids by adding just a splash of water and 4 oz of plain low fat yogurt I had on hand. I used one tablespoon of hot curry powder and one tablespoon of yellow curry paste -- came out pretty darn hot but tasty. :)Left everything else exactly as written in the recipe. This is a hearty yet healthy dish. I love the cashews in this -- adds great texture and substance and tofu works well in here as it just sucks up the flavor of whatever it's in. A definite keeper. Thanks!