Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have eaten this delicous dish several times at Strings Restaurant in Denver, Colorado. They shared it with our Denver Post, and I can't wait to try making it at home.
- 1⁄8 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 cups chicken stock (or chicken base)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon saffron
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 vanilla bean (reduce)
- 1⁄4 cup pure vanilla extract (strain)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (whisk)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) sea bass fillets
- for Couscous: Place couscous in a big bowl and pour in oil, set aside.
- Place chicken stock in pot.
- Add saffron, 1/2 orange zest, juice form 1 orange.
- Bring to boil.
- Pour flavored chicken stock over cous cous (just enough to cover).
- Stir lightly.
- Place plastic wrap tightly over bowl and flip bowl over.
- Wait 20 minutes and flip bowl back over and uncover.
- for Seabass: Place fillets in cashews and pat well on each side until fillet is fully crusted with cashews, and place in hot pan with melted butter.
- Wait 30 seconds and flip fillet to other side in pan.
- Place pan in350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- to plate: Place couscous in center of the plate.
- Set seabass on top of the couscous.
- Pour vanilla butter around the plate and garnish with segmented orange slices.