Carolynne White's Note:
I have eaten this delicous dish several times at Strings Restaurant in Denver, Colorado. They shared it with our Denver Post, and I can't wait to try making it at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 cups chicken stock (or chicken base)
- 1/2 tablespoon saffron
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 vanilla bean (reduce)
- 1/4 cup pure vanilla extract (strain)
- 1/2 cup butter (whisk)
- salt & pepper
- 1for Couscous: Place couscous in a big bowl and pour in oil, set aside.
- 2Place chicken stock in pot.
- 3Add saffron, 1/2 orange zest, juice form 1 orange.
- 4Bring to boil.
- 5Pour flavored chicken stock over cous cous (just enough to cover).
- 6Stir lightly.
- 7Place plastic wrap tightly over bowl and flip bowl over.
- 8Wait 20 minutes and flip bowl back over and uncover.
- 9for Seabass: Place fillets in cashews and pat well on each side until fillet is fully crusted with cashews, and place in hot pan with melted butter.
- 10Wait 30 seconds and flip fillet to other side in pan.
- 11Place pan in350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- 12to plate: Place couscous in center of the plate.
- 13Set seabass on top of the couscous.
- 14Pour vanilla butter around the plate and garnish with segmented orange slices.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew-crusted Sea Bass, Saffron Couscous and Vanilla Butter
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.5
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 160.1 mg
- Sodium 803.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 58.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: