Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and easy...crusty chicken with a light sauce made from the pan drippings. Can also use almonds or pecans.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 egg, beaten with a bit of water
- canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Crush nuts in food processor with bread crumbs until finely chopped, but not mushy.
- Dredge chicken in nut mixture.
- Fry in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Add cognac and butter to pan drippings and boil for a minute.
- Pour over chicken.
This was very easy to make and delicious! My young children loved it!