Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dinner party dish is easy enough to make for every day family dinners. Kids usually give it two thumbs up.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup prepared dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the preserves, mustard and curry powder in a large skillet and heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until preserves are completely melted and smooth.
- Place cashews in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in skillet sauce, then roll in nuts to coat and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- You might want to line the pan with parchment or foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Boil any remaining sauce and serve on the side with the baked chicken.
I'm still lickin my chops after this one.It's that good. I cut the quantities to a third for one large breast, heated The marinde in a pyrex cup in the microwave,And spread it on the breast with the back of a spoon. Zapped the nuts in a mini-blender and patted them into the goo. Baked it in one of those throwaay pie tins to ease the cleanup.. Juicey, durn near cut-with-a-fork tender and deeelicious!! I normally give a four as my top score reserving the fifth for supriseing me. This one Really deserves that Fifth For ease and convenience. T.
An excellent dish! A very flavorful twist on preparing baked chicken breasts. The meat was moist and tender, with the crunchy coating of nuts outside. I used No sugar added preserves to cut the carbs, and actually substituted almonds for the cashews for the same reason. (I love cashews, but they have 4 times the carb count. If I had used cashews I imagine five stars wouldn't be enough. LOL) Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Wow! Was this tasty! Two teenage boys gobbled it up. I also made it with almonds, cashews would be out of this world good! Thanks for sharing. It was outstanding!