- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugars, mixing well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and creaqm of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Stir in cashews.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoon onto lightly greased sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.