This is a Hannah Swensen recipe direct from The Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minnesota to you! If you want to change these up a little you can also put a small nugget of chocolate in the center of the balls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 cup molasses (2 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground salted cashews (grind them up in your food processor with the steel blade-measure AFTER griding)
- 2 beaten eggs (just whipe them up with a fork)
- 3 cups flour (no need to sift)
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees F., rack in the middle position.
- 2Microwave the butter in your mixing bowl to melt it. Add the sugar, the vanilla, and the molasses. Stir until blended, then add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- 3Grind up the cashews in your food processor. Measure AFTER griding. Add them to the bowl and mix. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir. Then add the flour and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- 4Let the dough sit for a few minutes to firm up. Then form dough into small walnut-sized balls and arrange them on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet. (These dough balls spread out so make them fairly small. If the dough is too sticky to form into balls, chill it for a few minutes and try again.).
- 5Flatten the balls slightly with a spatula or the palm of your hand, just enough so they won't roll off when you put them in the oven.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (1486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.9
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g