Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the wonderful 'My Sweet Vegan' cookbook by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pears
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup almonds (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- Combine the sugar, almond meal, and brown rice flour in a medium bowl. Melt the margarine and pour it in, along with the brown rice syrup. Stir to coat all of the dry ingredients thoroughly, and press this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch round springform pan. Bring the crust about 1 inch up the sides of the pan, and set aside.
- Blen cashew butter, water, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor. Smooth the resulting creme into your crust and set aside again.
- Core pears. Toss the slices with the sugar and cinnamon, and arrange on top of tart.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, until the pears soften.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds before serving.