1/1 Photo of Cashew Craisin Crisps
2 hrs 22 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Wicked! Thanks to Godiva Chocolates, who provided the recipe on which this one is based. Prep time includes the drying time for the craisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak craisins in boiling water to soften, about 5 minutes; drain.
- 2Line a plate with 3 sheets of paper towels and spread craisins in a single layer on the towels; let dry, uncovered, at room temperature for two hours.
- 3Make sure they are completely dry; moisture will cause melted chocolate to stiffen, making it very difficult to spread the chocolate into thin rounds.
- 4Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- 5Place milk and dark chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and cook, in microwave oven, on Medium (50% power) for 1 minute; stir.
- 6Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened; stir until smooth and let cool.
- 7Stir in nuts, cereal, and craisins.
- 8Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto foil-lined baking sheets, spreading into two-inch rounds.
- 9If chocolate mixture becomes too thick, return to microwave to soften.
- 10Refrigerate crisps about 5 minutes or until chocolate sets, then remove from baking sheets.
- 11Store crisps between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 3 weeks (as if they're going to last that long).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Craisin Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g