Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dip is a family favorite that always gets devoured quickly. It makes the classic combination of crab and artichoke even more exciting with the addition of cashews, chile peppers and parmesan cheese!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 2 chili peppers or 1 (7 ounce) can chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- I usually use Anaheim chiles, which range from mild to moderate intensity, but you can use milder or hotter chiles (such as jalapenos) depending on your preference. You may use canned or fresh chiles. If using fresh chiles, first roast them to remove their skins.
- Clean and finely chop the bell pepper, scallions and chile peppers then saute in olive oil until tender.
- Drain and pick through crabmeat with a fork, then roughly chop the artichoke hearts.
- Mix crabmeat, artichoke, mayo, parmesan and 1/2 cup of cashews, then stir in pepper mixture. Spoon into 1 quart casserole dish, pre-sprayed with cooking oil, then top with remaining 1/2 cup cashews.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with assorted crackers. If you're taking this dip on the road, skip the oven and instead put the dip in a crock pot and cook at medium-high until bubbly.
A rich & scrumptious dip that we always enjoy ~ Thanks Tandy for sharing your awesome recipe!