1/2 Photos of Cashew Cookies With Burned Butter Frosting
I can't remember where I found this recipe but it is one of my all-time favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups chopped cashews
- 1Preheat oven to 350* and grease the cookie sheets.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the egg, beating well.
- 4Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- 5Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6Gradually stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- 7Fold in the cashew pieces.
- 8Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- 9Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 10Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- 11For Frosting:.
- 12Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 13Cook until it turns a light brown color, being careful not to burn it.
- 14Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- 15Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- 16Spread onto cooled cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Cookies With Burned Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g