Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe but it is one of my all-time favorites.
Make and share this Cashew Cookies With Burned Butter Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, beating well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the cashew pieces.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting:.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until it turns a light brown color, being careful not to burn it.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled cookies.
Made these last night and oh wow, these are so good already without the frosting. I'm afraid I'll have to make them again to have 'em with the frosting. Thanks for this fantastic recipe! Definetly a keeper!!!
My daughter go ta tea set from her Grandmother for Christmas and it has be non stop tea for months. You'd think we were British! This is one of the recipes we've had along the way. I'm more on the four star side with these but DH and DD1 loved them so 5 it is. I kinda think they taste better the day after you make them. Of course, very few made it that far in our house.
My father went to school in a one room school house, (back in the 30's and 40's)and his teacher used to make these for the class all the time. She had come across the recipe, and gave it to my mother to make for my dad. My mother HATES baking, so I inherited the recipe. My father has been gone 19 years now, and I did have the chance to make these for him before he passed. But seeing this recipe has brought back great memories.