I can't remember where I found this recipe but it is one of my all-time favorites.
Make and share this Cashew Cookies With Burned Butter Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, beating well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the cashew pieces.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting:.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until it turns a light brown color, being careful not to burn it.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled cookies.