Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious rice dish to serve with seafood. The number of servings is an estimate. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons any flavor chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute celery and onion in the butter.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Place rice, cashews and chutney in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour broth mixture over rice.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
This has a nice flavor and is easy to make. I baked it for nearly 60 minutes, but it still seemed a little too sticky for me.
I liked this rice, but I think I needed more salt. I cut it down to serve 2, and judging how much salt to use was difficult. Since there was salt in the chicken broth, and I used salted cashews as I couldn't get unsalted, I went easy on the salt, but I think it needed more. I used mango chutney which gave it a nice flavor, but I think next time I'd use a little more than the recipe calls for. I'd also use more cashews (I love a lot of crunch in my rice!) I cooked it for 50 minutes and it came out absolutely perfect. I love rice dishes that can be baked in the oven and forgotten about, and this one was very good!