1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These hands can cook's Note:
Easy to make and very yummy!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Grease 2 cookie sheets with butter and keep warm in oven.
- 3Grease a spatula with butter and set aside.
- 4Mix baking soda, 1 teaspoons water and the vanilla and set aside.
- 5Mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in 3- quart saucepan.
- 6Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally to 240 degrees on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water.
- 7Stir in butter and cashews.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard, brittle threads.
- 9Immediately remove from heat.
- 10Quickly stir in baking soda mixture until light and foamy.
- 11Pour half of the candy mixture onto each cookie sheet and quickly spread with buttered spatula about 1/4 inch thick.
- 12Cool completely, at least 1 hours.
- 13Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
- 14Drizzle chocolate lightly over cashew brittle.
- 15Cool for an additional 30 minutes.
- 16Break apart into pieces and store in a covered container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chocolate Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (1535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.5
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 881.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 69.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g